[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Leadership / New Sequences - My thoughts - Long

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Jun 20 11:51:35 AKDT 2017

Tony,
For a number of cycles now, Advanced has been changed every two years
which is an option, except for the switch to the FAI calendar when the
Masters and Advanced pattern were for one year.  Sportsman and
Intermediate were not changed at that time, so I think it's been three
years for them. Since the rulebook says they need to be changed every
four years, Sportsman and Intermediate need to change this year to get
back on track. I have no idea why there is not a new Sportsman sequence
as per the rule.
It is a rule that should change. Anyone that has worked with the
sportsman guidelines knows the most you can do is move things around a
bit and change one or two maneuvers so why change every four years.

I have no idea about the current version of the rules committee and why
no proposals were made. I would like to see why the class advancement
proposal previously generated by the committee and supported by the
board is now opposed. In the past, we published the NSRCA proposals,
held surveys and defended, both here and on RCU, what we proposed.

John