[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Leadership / New Sequences - My thoughts - Long

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Fri Jun 16 03:45:42 AKDT 2017

When we make the statement, "... before the BoD votes on them [sequences]...", we now have a problem.
Before we go voicing concerns about hidden agendas or the few making changes behind closed doors, I prefer to look at the process.
For me it appears there have been a lot of changes with new members in the BoD. I suspect, we haven't reviewed the procedures for sequence changes, and thus the result is not following them, despite the best of intentions to do the right thing.
My recommendation is for the BoD to review procedures for NATs management, sequence changes, etc...
Then and only then, will these issues get under control.
I ponder to wonder, If our mission statement or vision statement reflects anything related to growth, How are we doing? I say not well.
BoD members must review procedures, and By Laws. Understand the decision rights for any change put forward. Be a lot more transparent with members. I will assume this is the root-cause for the latest issues plaguing the NSRCA.
It becomes a different problem if the BoD understands the procedures and By Laws then chose to ignore them. I trust this isn't the case here.
It is the BoD's ultimate responsibility to ensure the processes , procedures,  and By Laws are followed with out question for the NSRCA and AMA.
My .02...

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Anthony Romano via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 6/15/17  10:40 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: "Atwood, Mark" <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>, General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>, Jon Lowe <jonlowe at aol.com> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Leadership / New Sequences - My thoughts - Long

Before you all get out your lanterns and pitch forks let me provide a little of the pending update.

The sequences were given to the board just a few hours before last night's meeting. Since the board did not have time to review them and had more pressing concerns we agreed to table them until a separate meeting could be scheduled for the BOD to review
 them and vote on them before they are distributed.

An update on the Nats will be published before the weekend.

Anthony

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2