[NSRCA-discussion] 2017 Nats Contest Format

Whodaddy Whodaddy whodaddy10 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 17:05:06 AKDT 2017

Don

 Doesn't change the fact that their is discord with the membership or paying participants as to how and what will be offered at the event ie finals .. Remember this event is not one persons event but a group event for participants ... When the disconnect is apparent a solution should be sought to find middle ground ... To date this has not happened ..

I get all the intentions as to  y's and the y nots ... But quality of judging can be viewed in many ways .. When im judged i just hope for honest consistency thats all i can expect being a low experience judge to a long on experience judge ... We as members( patter community)  either step up and participate to help those that have flown their way in or we don't ... No magic fairy dust sprinkled over the event is going to give us that be it4 rounds 6 rounds 2-3 rounds..
 The burden is on the community..
So let's give the guys flying in the finals a an opportunity to fly the 4 rounds as they may not get in in subsequent years and not lessen the experience as truncating the finals will do...

I have already paid .. If i had known this was going to be the issue not sure i would be participating. Thats how strongly i feel about this issue ... i am not assuming i will make the finals .. I have to fly my way in .. If i do and the finals are truncated i will feel like the experience is cheapened and i wasted my 140 $

Gary Courtney

Sent from my iPhone