[NSRCA-discussion] Mike Harrison

Dr. Mike Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 5 12:29:56 AKDT 2017

Thanks Gary,
I do understand the discontent, however, the point is to make it a quality
event. I am going under the assumption you read my explanation for all this.
If you consider the caliber of judging when you basically have 8 rounds of
finals-masters,fai- in 1 day, how do you maintain quality of judging?
The quality of flying is very high yet it is ok to use unexperienced
haphazard judges?  You yourself complained about how much money time and
effort you are going to spend doing this but you are willing to take
whatever is available for judges?  Doesn't make sense.
That is what has happened in the past.
You are upset because you can't fly 2 more flights after having flown 8
flights not counting all the practice flights.
This is not a marathon event.  The purpose is to select the best pilot to
the best of our ability.  8 flights should be enough.
I cannot promise you the best judges even under this new system but it is
important to try something else.

Regards,
Mike