[NSRCA-discussion] Quick ping for interest...

Mike Murphy mmurphy178 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 16:18:10 AKDT 2017

Peter,

+1

Joy is very interested

Mike Murphy

From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Peter Vogel via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 1:44 PM
To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Quick ping for interest...

Hey folks!

After running the NATS scoring solo this past week, I think we have the basic ongoing use of the system at a contest pretty clean, the minor issues we had were due to some of the special conditions of the NATS (8 rounds of Masters, divided A/B flight groups and resulting inconsistencies between prelims and finals flight groups causing import errors, that sort of thing) and one weird windows user profile glitch that deleted master scoring from a laptop and took about 45 minutes to resolve one morning.  Running the system comes down to this:

1.  Getting it to a contest

2.  Setting it up (<1 hour)

3.  Making sure scoresheets don't blow away when they print

4.  Tearing the system down (<30 minutes), possibly both days, depending on security at the site and expected overnight weather.

But I don't really want to run another NATS solo!  ~4 hours sleep per night is something I could do easily when I was 20, but not so easy now!  I realize the pilots here all want to focus on their NATS experience and the flying...

But there were a lot of wives there!  And many seem to be involved with the scoring at your local contests on a regular basis (thanks again to Tim Pritchett's wife and Anne <last name forgotten in my fatigue) who helped with score entry due to the aforementioned windows glitch.

So I'm considering making the following offer:

For any district that has a system (or chooses to buy one), I'll come out to the city of your choice for a few days to treat any wives/GFs/etc. who are willing to commit to helping out with scoring in your district and/or the NATS next year to a spa day (massage and mani-pedi at a recommended spa in the area) and a 1/2-1 day of training on the setup and use of the scoring system.

Districts, this would be, ideally, combined with perhaps a pattern clinic or judging seminar though that's not strictly necessary for the training...

Wives on the list, respond with +1 if you would be interested.

Husbands on the list, check with your wives/Girlfriends and respond with a +1 if they would be interested.

Thanks!

Peter+

--

Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training

Associate Vice President, Academy of Model Aeronautics District X

Treasurer, National Society of Radio Control Aerobatics (NSRCA)

  <http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7163/6513778381_5569cc985d_m.jpg>   <https://googledrive.com/host/0B4LOPeyGAgOJUVJmU1dJMVl6WWc/AcademyModelAeronauticsLogo.png>