[NSRCA-discussion] Please make sure your NSRCA profile e-mail address is up to date!

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 19:44:58 AKDT 2017

According to the AMA, the NSRCA is only responsible to its membership
when it comes to implementing new sequences.

15. Sequences
The Radio Control Aerobatics sequences will be developed periodically by
the National Society of Radio Control Aerobatics (NSRCA) Sequence
Committee which is appointed by the NSRCA Board of Directors. The NSRCA
Board of Directors will supervise the sequence development and will
submit the proposed sequences to the membership for approval before they
approve all sequences for use in RCA competition.

Although there is no requirement to do so, I believe the survey includes
all those signed up on the site not just the membership. That list of
site registrants, which includes former members of the NSRCA and those
just interested in pattern but have never been an NSRCA member, should
comprise the bulk of those interested in pattern in the USA.

The sequences we fly next year will be enthusiastically greeted by some,
flown by most and rejected by a few regardless of the sequences finally
selected. I wish I could have had more input in the selection choice but
will be flying both the 2018-19 Masters and P19 next year regardless.

A suggestion to the board. Form a committee to review and update the
charter and guide over the next year. Reestablish the criteria for
difficulty, propose a new Kfactor standard, place limits on new maneuver
types and determine how to regularize the relationship between AMA
classes and FAI classes, including the judging criteriaand Kfactors.

A final note. You may not agree with the board or individual members or
committee members but you should always realize that they are doing
their best and that the pay is lousy. If you have strongly held opinions
about the future of pattern, maybe it is time you ran for a board
position. If you've already been there and strongly disagree with where
the board is going now, maybe it's time to run again.

John