[NSRCA-discussion] New sequences

rixsweeney at gmail.com rixsweeney at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:01:02 AKDT 2017

I have not flown the whole schedule yet but picked a few I thought I would like flying and a few I thought would be the most diffacult.

- The Double I Knife edge is a good Masters maneuver I like flying it. Advanced guys moving up will have enough basic skills to eventually fly this one well.
- ½ loop with integrated ½ roll. Very similar to what we fly now with the centered loop ½ roll integrated, should be fine and something different. A good introduction to integrated loops for advanced guys.
- ½ square with snap roll in down track. Will probably be intimidating to advanced flyers moving up, snapping while looking at bottom of plane on a down line but not a show stopper.
- Golf ball with ¾ rolls knife edge loop.  You will need GOLD balls to complete ¾ roll on backside of this one from knife-edge on a 45 down line. I never did try it, I qtr rolled out. Don’t like this one at all, much to diffacult and dangerous for a first season masters flyer. Its only a K4 and the Double I knife edge is a K5?.   ¼ rolls to knife edge on this one seems more appropriate and more in line with upcoming Advanced flyers and still challenging for the veteran masters flyers. I can imagine a lot of centering issues with this one.
- Two slows rolls opposite. Good Masters maneuver. I like flying it. The current combo helped in learning slow rolling to the left but its going to be a real challenge for advanced guys but nothing they cant handle with practice as they have built skills in Advanced to assist.
- Loop integrated roll top 180. Does not seem to be as diffacult as I first thought but way to much for the Advanced guys moving up. They have not had any opportunity to build skill sets needed to prepare them for a full roll integrated. If ya want to throw integrated maneuvers at advanced guys moving to Masters there should be some basic integrated elements in the Advanced class. Perhaps an outside loop here with half roll integrated at the top to change things up a bit from what we do now.

I will need to work on getting through the whole sequence to get a feel for the flow, but everything else seems straight forward.  Overall not real crazy in love with this schedule and I can see an advanced guy moving up next year to have some real issues with it. I suspect most will have regretted moving up.

Rick Sweeney

Sent from Mail for Windows 10