[NSRCA-discussion] The most important thing to understand about pattern

Jas S justanotherflyr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:56:33 AKDT 2017

That doesn't always work. Sometimes they get intimidated with an upper class pilot calling for them. Even upper class pilots get intimidated, so I'm not picking on any group, just the way some are.
I try to watch the Sportsman and Intermediate pilots during the event or even before if possible, but without them knowing. That way they go and fly more naturally without putting pressure on themselves thinking they need to impress. If there is a consistent issue that needs adjusting (late on center maneuvers), I suggest a fix (try starting  before they think they should). I remind them that it won't feel correct for a while but it will gain them a point or two and become natural.

Jas iP