[NSRCA-discussion] The most important thing to understand about pattern

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 07:05:04 AKDT 2017

It has been said many times but you can't teach desire. Reread the last paragraph of Jason's post.

Having flown Pattern for so long now I've realized something. Pattern is a passion, a want. You can't 'make' someone a pattern pilot, they have to be one and not know it yet. Yes pattern makes most of the Worlds best pilots, but you can't take a pilot and make them a pattern pilot. If there isn't a drive to become better, not the best (that's the 2% of us), you'll only have a casual or short term pattern pilot at best. At my age I know my time is probably limited as far as being competitive or even having a chance at winning big events anymore, but my drive to be better and push myself is still there. So I will continue to learn new F patterns that will drain me every day I practice because I am a Pattern pilot 😁

Jas iP

When do people leave when the top of mountain is insurmountable and the effort greatly out weighs the benefit. I have heard hundreds of pilots say "this has become too much work" and can't recall one who said this is too easy.

Anthony