[NSRCA-discussion] (no subject)

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 09:39:45 AKDT 2017

For the CD/ED to make the change, it would have to be in the approved sanction, and announced before people sign up. I don't know why AMA would approve a sanction for a NATS rule book class that has rules deviations unless there are extraordinary issues involved. They do add unofficial events, such as this year's NATs Sportsman competition. I believe controlline and free​ flight also add unofficial events.

Once the CD/ED is running the contest, they are God, answerable only to AMA, but are required to abide by the letter of the rules and sanction. Any decision they might make that is outside the rules would be subject to a protest. They can make changes for weather, and other things beyond their control, but the procedures to do so are outlined by the rulebook. This is all outlined in the AMA CD manuals, and the test you take to become a CD.

Not to put words in his mouth, but what I think Joe was saying, for this sequence cycle, no to deleting landings from the sequences. But, like I said in an earlier post, it would take more than just a sequence change in any event.

Jon