[NSRCA-discussion] New Iowa contest report

Mike Mueller mups53 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 06:36:17 AKDT 2017

 Hey guys it was great to be able to attend a new contest this weekend in
Cedar Rapids Iowa.
 Cedar Rapids used to be a regular stop for the circuit many years ago.
(25+).
 D5 VP Mark Barnett ran the deal with a lot of help. We had a robust
showing of Club Class and Sportsman with many flying in their first
contest. This makes it so much more fun. Masters flyers we're paired up
with the newbies to make them feel welcome.
 Bobby Satalino (Have a nice day!) had a unique training method.
Implementing a foam baseball bat and his usual charm. Very effective.
 This was my 3rd contest of the year. All 3 have been well attended and we
are having some increase in activity here in the Midwest.
 I have to tell you that I know a lot of what's going on in the RC Airplane
industry and F3A is doing better than many other segments
of the sport. Some words were written of our demise from a local contest
and business perspective, not what I've been seeing.
 I recognize we have challenges. I commend the effort being put in by so
many to promote the sport and would encourage others to look at it in an
enthusiastic light. It's very effective when talking to fence sitters and
people outside the activity.
 To use a famous quote from Mark Twain "The reports of my death have been
greatly exaggerated".
 Looking forward to the New Nats which gain has a nice increase in flyers
from last year.
 Mike Mueller

  President of F3AUnlimited.com <http://f3aunlimited.com/>, Gator-RC.com
<http://gator-rc.com/>, and Caiman Distribution LLC.,