[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Leadership / Masters different sequence

Stuart Chale schale1 at outlook.com
Sat Jul 8 19:49:53 AKDT 2017

Since so far the general thoughts about the masters sequence is not very positive :) I thought I should post one of the other sequences that the committee was looking at as well.  This one is still difficult (as a masters sequence should be) and it has several maneuvers borrowed from the FAI P sequence,  I personally like when Masters flies some of the same maneuvers as FAI like the eye catcher this year.  I think it makes understanding the pattern you are likely to judge a little easier.  The sequence does not have the knife edge golf ball or vertical Cuban.  It still has the knife edge double I from the last P sequence and the Double Key and 1 1/4 roll knife edge 1 1/4 roll which are taken from the next FAI P sequence.  It also has only one integrated roll/loop at the end.

This is basically a sequence that the committee looked at with a few tweaks based on comments posted here about the other sequence.

I would like to have posted this earlier but I was busy all day.  (flying a contest , isn't that a strange concept)

Feel free to make your comments as you already have for the other sequence.  The posts that discuss specific concerns are the most helpful.  Comments such as were posted about the vertical Cuban 8 likely to be too tall or difficult to judge help the most.

Thanks,
Stuart

I hope this shows up properly.  I know the color coding didn't quite work

        Masters proposal
        Maneuver        KF      Notes:
1       Takeoff (U)     1
2

Double Immelman with knife edge flight (U)
        5       Pull to 1/2 loop, immediate 1/4 roll, knife edge flight, 1/4 roll same direction, immediate push to 1/2 outside loop, immediate 1/4 roll, knife edge flight, 1/4 roll same direction to level upright exit

[cid:part1.D0E8F032.B089F54F at outlook.com]
3
        1/2 square loop on corner with 2/4 pt rolls in 2nd leg (TA)     2
4       Pyramid loop, 2/4, Full roll, 2/4 (D)   4       Push back to 45 deg down line, 2/4 pt roll, push to level flight, Full roll  from inverted, push back to to 45 up line, 2/4 pt roll, push to level upright exit
5       1/2 square outside loop, full snap (+ or -) in vert down line, exit inverted (TA)       3       (inverted exit)
6       Six sided loop on corner with 1/2 rolls in legs 1, 3, 4, 6, exit inverted (U)   4       Push at center no rolls on vertical legs.  (inverted exit)
7       Humpty with options: Push, push, push, 1/2 roll up and a full roll on the downline, exit inverted.  Option 1/4 roll up 3/4 roll down, exit inverted (TA)        3       (inverted exit)
8       4/8 opposite from inverted, exit inverted (D)   5       (inverted exit)
9       Stall turn with 2/2 rolls up and 1/2 roll down, exit upright (TA)       3
10      Double Key with full roll, 1/2 roll, 1/2 roll, full roll (U)    5       Pull to a vert up line, full roll, pull back to a 45 deg down line, 1/2 roll, push to a 45 deg up line, 1/2 roll, pull to a vertical downline, full roll, pull to level upright exit
11      Half reverse Cuban Eight with a positive snap roll roll on the 45 (TA)  3       exit inverted
12      Knife edge flight with 1 1/4 rolls in and out. (D)      4
13      Top Hat, 3/4 roll up and down exit upright (TA) 2
14      Figure Z with 2 consecutive rolls  (U)  4
15      2 1/2 turn spin (TA)    2
16      Reverse Cuban eight with full rolls from inverted(D)    4
17      Stall turn with half rolls up and down (TA)     2
18      Loop with integrated roll in top 180 (U)*       5
19      Landing (U)     1
        Total K-factor  62      Goal is 60 to 63
        Minimum of 2, max of 3 cross box maneuvers

        Minimum of 2, max of 3 downwind rolling
        maneuvers

Minimum of 2, max of 4 K5 maneuvers

        Minimum of 2, max of 3 Snap Rolls