[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed masters sequence thoughts

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 12:53:40 AKDT 2017

Best I can do about the sequence guide history is go back to 2012. I
believe that was the last cycle that Joe L was Chairman.
Here is the description of Masters contained in the document. Maybe
someone else has earlier versions. Seems to imply that masters should
have easier sequences than FAI. Not seeing that in the current sequence
or especially the proposed sequence when you compare to FAI preliminaries.
John
8.4 Masters Class Design Criteria (AMA event #404)
8.4.1 Definition
Masters is the destination class in the progression of AMA R/C Precision
Aerobatic Classes. Masters is
designated as event #404 in the AMA Radio Control Aerobatics
Regulations. Masters is where the
skills built on in Sportsman through Advanced (401, 402, and 403) are
now applied. Masters also
functions as a development class for FAI. As such, it should begin to
teach some of the simpler loop
roll combinations.
The primary purpose of this class is to develop and demonstrate a
pilot’s proficiency and skills to:
• Fly straight wind corrected vertical lines with centered maneuvers
• Fly with required geometry and accuracy of the maneuvers
• Fly accurate angles in all maneuvers
• Properly position maneuvers (centering and turnaround locations)
• Perform standard Takeoff and Landing maneuvers
• Perform combinations of difficult/complex precision maneuvers in the box
• Fly proper entry/exit lines for all maneuvers
• Fly constant entry/exit radii for all maneuvers
• Properly position all elements within a maneuver (centering in lines)
• Maintain constant aircraft track parallel to the runway in all conditions
• Perform the sequence gracefully with consistent flow and precision