[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Advanced

Verne Koester verne at mi.rr.com
Sat Jul 8 08:44:59 AKDT 2017

There hasn't been much said about the proposed Advanced schedule. It appears to me to be an improvement and more appropriate skill level schedule than the current one with one exception.
We rarely hear from existing Intermediate pilots on Advanced schedule proposals. I suspect that's mostly because they have no experience yet in the skills they'll have to gain once they move up. Those of us who have taken that step need to consider what they're facing.
So if I'm an Intermediate pilot moving up to Advanced, I'm going to have to learn, having never done them before, the slow roll, 4-point roll, snap, and spin. I'd argue that this is the single hardest transition in pattern.
Now we're going to throw a negative snap in for good measure?????
COME ON, MAN!!!!

Verne Koester

Sent from my iPhone