[NSRCA-discussion] Rules Proposal Cycle?

Matthew Finley rcfin02 at msn.com
Thu Jan 26 09:42:30 AKST 2017

+1

Matthew E Finley
Q.C.I Technical Assistant
248-794-8487 mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: Ronald Van Putte via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Date: 1/26/17 1:35 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Rules Proposal Cycle?

I am shocked, maybe even stunned.  I didn’t know that Gary knew how to spell “ramifications”.

On the serious side, I have never understood the rule that glow-powered airplanes should be weighed without fuel, while electric-powered airplanes should be weighed with batteries.  If a glow-powered airplane weighs 11 pounds without fuel, with 20  oz of fuel (that weighs about 16oz), the airplane would weigh 12lb at takeoff  and 11lb at landing.  That means this glow -powered airplane’s average weight would be 11 1/2lb.  I suggested that electric-powered airplanes be allowed to weigh 11 1/2 lbs, since their weight doesn’t change during  the maneuver schedule.

Ron Van Putte