[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Rules Proposal Committee - AMA Rules Proposals

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Thu Feb 23 19:15:13 AKST 2017

All,

I was recently appointed Chairman of the NSRCA Rules Proposal Committee and tasked with creating an ad-hoc committee to review and comment on the proposals that have been formally submitted to the AMA RC Aerobatics Contest Board.  John Fuqua and Robert Green have generously agreed to join me on the NSRCA Rules Proposal Committee.  Their email addresses are listed below.

johnfuqua at embarqmail.com <mailto:johnfuqua at embarqmail.com>
rgreen24 at hotmail.com <mailto:rgreen24 at hotmail.com>

There are currently 7 proposals under review; they can be found at:  http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/ruleproposals/rcaero.aspx <http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/ruleproposals/rcaero.aspx>.

There is a March 15th submittal deadline for new proposals to AMA so there isn’t sufficient time to conduct a NSRCA member survey and analyze the data.  There is time for interested members to read the proposals and share their thoughts with the Committee members directly via email, or indirectly on this discussion list.  Either way I would request that you provide your comments soon as the Committee will need a few days to summarize its thoughts before submitting them to the AMA RC Aerobatics Contest Board.

One point that I want to emphasize is that the NSRCA Rules Proposal Committee is not tasked with taking suggestions for rules proposals from the general NSRCA Membership and creating new proposals for submittal to AMA based on that input.  The Committee's tasking is to:
Review proposals that have been submitted to AMA.
Receive input from the general NSRCA membership on the submitted proposals.
Provide comment/suggestions to the RC Aerobatics Contest Board as the official voice of NSRCA.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal to AMA, instructions may be found here:  http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/ruleproposals.aspx#2018-2019 <http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/ruleproposals.aspx#2018-2019>.  However, I would recommend that you consider contacting your District’s representative on the AMA RC Aerobatics Contest Board in advance of submitting the proposal so you can benefit from their thoughts and perspective.  I would also politely request that you send me a copy of your proposal so the NSRCA Rules Proposal Committee can study it and be able to provide the Contest Board with timely input on the proposal.  As I mentioned earlier, AMA’s deadline for new proposal submittals is March 15th, so please don’t delay!

Of course, everyone who is an AMA member has the option to send their inputs directly to the RC Aerobatics Contest Board.  If you are interested in doing so, here is the contact info for the AMA RC Aerobatics Contest Board http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/cbmembers.aspx <http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/cbmembers.aspx>.

Thx, Jerry
jerry at buddengineering.com <mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com>