[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Weight

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 12:00:32 AKST 2017

John

The overall volume of today's 2M Pattern ships is much larger than what you were building, so there's plenty of  area to accumulate weight with just minor process variations when parts are laid up and when they're painted.  And then there's the *very* outdated method for mounting the main LG that still persists in nearly every airplane offering.  From what I have heard, expect to see a major improvement to the old ways in the latest CK Aero designs.  Remember how Wistmodel did the LG system on the Bravo?   If you don't remember the Bravo, it's an improvement over what Wistmodel did for the Prestige and Vivat. There's a big weight savings with a significant increase in structural integrity with that method with that method.  It transforms the fuselage skin in the area of the LG mount into a very strong stress distribution system.

BTW, did you guys ever figure out what was causing the gravitational anomolies up there in CT?  lol

Ed