[NSRCA-discussion] Esc check

Ronald Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Dec 8 14:49:18 AKST 2017

I’m surprised that the electronic gurus out there haven’t responded yet, So I, a mere aeronautical engineer, will boldly respond.

My technique to evaluate a questionable ESC is attach it to a good receiver and a known good 10S motor.  Then I attach a 3-5 cell lipo pack and try to run the motor.  The small number of cells precludes the motor from going “bonkers".  BTW, "bonkers" is a technical term for “not behaving as expected”.  If I get the expected result, I will use a 10S pack and reevaluate.

OK you lurkers:  Fire away!

Ron Van Putte