[NSRCA-discussion] Landing - Rules Interpretation ???

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Aug 7 09:57:58 AKDT 2017

It's less about loopholes, and more about enforcing intent vs the letter of the regulation.  A pretty common American focus in our legal system.

A big part simply depends on whether you're advocating for or against the pilot.    For example, doing a half roll rather than 2of 4pt.   The rule book says that missing a hesitation is a five point downgrade. If you're giving the pilot the benefit of the doubt.  If not, many will zero that as having performed the wrong maneuver.