[NSRCA-discussion] Help with 10s bricks.......

Ronald Van Putte vanputter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:28:39 AKDT 2016

For several years, I successfully used the balance connectors for “bottom two” cells in 10S and two 5S battery packs to feed a dual voltage regulator.  The other input to the dual voltage regulator was a 2S-450mah lipo pack.  The outputs powered the receiver/servos.

In the space of one week, I plugged the wrong balance connector into the dual voltage regulator, which fried the voltage regulator, receiver and servos in the airplane.

Lessons:  Mark the balance connectors and pay attention to what you are doing.  Otherwise, you will eventually turn the air blue in the vicinity of the airplane just like I did.

Ron Van Putte