[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 18SZ - EXPO Setting Question

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Fri Sep 2 20:18:52 AKDT 2016

I was able to figure out how to access the 18SZ EXPO settings through AFR
and enabling D/R.

I have flown Airtronics up until now and I'm not familiar with the number
reference for the Futaba 18SZ and how it might correlate to Airtronics.

Based on static visual control surface movement, I have the following dialed
in, is it close:

Travel is set to 100 for all control surfaces.

Ai: Expo @ (-30) 12 degrees

El: Expo @  (-40) 12 degrees up / 14 degrees down

Ru: Expo @ (-75) endpoints are set to 140 for max throw without binding
rudder at hinge line.

Is this an acceptable starting point for EXPO? I fly Intermediate and I'm
getting ready to maiden a new Pattern Plane.

Thoughts? I would be interested you settings for those currently using this
Tx.

Larry Diamond