[NSRCA-discussion] 2017 World Championships

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Sep 2 12:44:14 AKDT 2016

Hey All,

I’ve been getting a lot of questions from various people as a few rumors are going around so I thought I’d send out a quick note.

Qatar has formally retracted their bid to host the 2017 WC’s.  So we will NOT be traveling there in Nov of 2017.   Unfortunately, there is not currently an alternative plan, however the FAI committee has extended the bid process until September 30th in an effort to find a new host.   New bids will be immediately evaluated with the first reasonable bid being accepted (rather than waiting for all bids and choosing the best).   So we should have more info by the end of the month.

There currently is NOT a contingency plan if no country comes forward, however there seems to be some confidence that someone will.

That’s all I know for now.  I will make sure to update everyone as soon as I know anything official.

In the mean time, there will still be fund raising efforts for the team.  I hope to have Auction items running by the end of the month, and will be starting to collect raffle prizes to run a team raffle.   Regardless of where or when the next WC is, we’ll need funding to get there.

As always, thanks for your ongoing support!

-Mark

MARK ATWOOD
o.  (440) 229-2502
c.  (216) 316-2489
e.  atwoodm at paragon-inc.com<mailto:atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>

Paragon Consulting, Inc.
5900 Landerbrook Drive, Suite 205, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>

<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>
Powering The Digital Experience