[NSRCA-discussion] 2017 Cajun Nats Crowley LA

Monte Richard mrichard at compassengineering.com
Wed Oct 26 06:41:34 AKDT 2016

FYI, so you can schedule vacation time and make plans to attend.

I've applied for the AMA sanction, so if approved, The 2017 Cajun Nationals will be held October 13, 14, & 15th 2017 for the competition. As announced at this year's event, it will be a 3 day contest. We will actually start festivities on Wednesday Oct 11th with the field open for practice, and then that evening, a hot dog roast around the campfire with tall tales night, and a walk up big screen movie. Thursday Oct 12th open for practice with the Jam session Pizza night that evening by the campfire. Then Friday Oct 13th pilots meeting at 10:00 am with the first plane off at 11:00 am. Two rounds of competition Friday followed by the Friday night pilots supper at Jon's house (included in the entry fee for the  pilot and his family). Saturday pilots meeting at 9:00 am first plane off at 10:00am, with hopefully 3 rounds (or 2 ½ like we did this year). Followed by the Saturday night pilots supper (included in the entry fee for the  pilot and his family) with a live band. Sunday pilots meeting at 9:00am with first plane off at 10:00am, we will complete round 5 for any classes left, and get one full round in for all classes. This makes it a 6 round contest with 2 drops so that if you can't be there on Friday, you can still compete with the two missed round from Friday being your drops. If we don't get but 5 rounds in, we will still drop two.

The Rice Festival is on the following weekend so we should have plenty of hotel rooms available in the area, but I still recommend getting your reservation early.

We had about 20 pilots there on Thursday this year for practice and the jam session / Pizza night. There were 36 pilots here on Friday for practice and the Friday night pilots and family supper along with the seminar hosted by CK Aero (Brian Hebert and Brett Wickizer). There were 53 entries in the competition on Saturday, and the Banquet with the live band was awesome. I figure the free margaritas, and 10 cent premium beer was part of the cause for the light turn out at the Sunday morning pilots meeting. It appears everyone had a great time. Thanks to all the pilots for being ready to fly and in the judges seats promptly, we managed to get 4 full rounds in, and get everyone on the road home about 3:00pm.

We're adding the Wednesday night hot dog roast and encourage the telling of tall tales, flying stories, Big Foot tales, around the camp fire. After which we will be showing a big screen movie campground style, bring your lawn chair, sit under the stars  and enjoy the movie.

We're going to three days of competition in an attempt to get more flying in, and as an excuse to expand the extracurricular activities for both the pilots and the family members. Bring the family, they'll enjoy all the evening activities, each night. Contest entry fee covers all the evening activities for both the pilot and his family. Extra guest are welcome with a donation to the club.

Plan to arrive on Wednesday and stay thru Sunday to enjoy all the activities.

Sincerely
Monte Richard
RAMS President
Cajun Nats CD
AMA 5581 NSRCA 4569
mrichard at compassengineering.com<mailto:mrichard at compassengineering.com>
337-349-6627 Cell

(c) 2016 Compass Engineering & Consultants, LLC. All rights reserved. This electronic transmission, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for the use of each individual recipient named above and may contain information belonging to the sender that is confidential, proprietary, is subject to copyright, constitutes a trade secret or is legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately (i) notify the sender, (ii) permanently delete the original and all copies of this electronic transmission and all attachments hereto, and (iii) destroy all printouts of this electronic transmission and all attachments hereto. Please note that electronic transmissions to and from the sender may be monitored by the sender's employer. Thank you for your cooperation.