[NSRCA-discussion] Crestview Contest complete

Jamie jstrong49923 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 14:16:24 AKDT 2016

What a great time we had this weekend at John Fuquas Home/flying field in Crestview Fl. Lightly attended at 16-18 i think it was, an a Fun time for all. Good competition in all classes except for FAI. Mike Harrison came all the way from Hot Springs Ark.  to  attend with nan a competitor, and watching Mike fly, i can kinda see why!!
  Mike, John, Tom Stennis, Curt Oberg and i go back to the 70's as to what is now being called the good ole days, however back in those days i was working my rear end off in the grocery business and raising a Family, so flying pattern was as near to the bottom of my pole as me taking a shower, he he he
Just turned the big 60 Friday, hopefully i'll have a few years left before i loose the concept of up/down, right and left😂,and my cataracts and hands shaking will hold off a few more years.
Wanted to also wish a speedy recovery to one of my Favorite Lady's on the AMA pattern tour, Joyce Harvel. She been a bit under the weather here of late, (probably read the standings of our Atlanta Braves), and hope she gets back up and running real soon. If not, the Southeast may not have any Tysons chicken on the shelfs,  he he he
Thanks John and his Wife and all that had a part in pulling this contest off, it shore was fun.
BTW Joe Walker let me fly his contra propped plane and i about dropped a jaw at the pace/ space, (compared to my Envision)   That it took. It was absolutely Fabulous !!!, but i still have to learn to fly the one prop before i move to two:).
Great seeing everyone again, always a pleasure, till next time.

Jamie Strong
Prattville, Alabama