[NSRCA-discussion] 12S for F3A

Phil chuenkan at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 08:03:52 AKST 2016

Rob,

Your analysis is not just speculation, or a thought experiment. When SPA first allowed electric power, there was a "classic pattern" plane at a contest that sat on its landing gear at at least a 45-degree angle to accommodate the looonnnggg prop on the motor. We fixed that by limiting both the KV and prop length. Electric, under our current rules, is just as competitive as glow power, BTW.

Phil Spelt, KCRC Emeritus
AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member
Oliver Springs, TN (865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c