[NSRCA-discussion] 12S for F3A

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:50:00 AKST 2016

As much as I enjoy a good arc I feel the opposite. Just as has been pointed out with the history of the displacement rules most feel there is no such thing as too much horsepower. I really doubt anyone would just stick with the same power output. This also would require different KV motors, props, etc. As our airplanes continue to grow and the weight limit becomes less of a concern more power would certainly be welcome and start to change design parameters.

Would the AMA classes want to follow suit? If this is such an advantage the other classes would want to be involved as well. What about the F3A pilot who flies masters at a contest when there are no F3A contestants?

The other problem with this becomes the sound rule since most set ups E or glow are on the edge anyway. Since sound testing is so horribly inconsistent due to many local factor this will just expand the cheating that already happens.

Anthony