[NSRCA-discussion] My Head is Spinning

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Tue Nov 8 12:54:48 AKST 2016

In both cases though these were FAI rules that were also mirrored by AMA.  FAI had a 10cc displacement limit ( .61cu in) and allowed for a 20cc FS.

The 2M rule was already in place, along with the 5Kg weight rule, long before the elimination of the displacement rule, so that was not a trade off.  It just provided “room” for the planes (already 2m in length and width) to grow in volume and height.  Right  now weight is the only thing keeping that in check.  Eventually (with no weight limit) the 2M box would indeed be the final restriction, but not before we see another evolution of larger aircraft.

MARK ATWOOD
o.  (440) 229-2502
c.  (216) 316-2489
e.  atwoodm at paragon-inc.com

Paragon Consulting, Inc.
5900 Landerbrook Drive, Suite 205, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
www.paragon-inc.com

Powering The Digital Experience