[NSRCA-discussion] Anthony Manifesto/pattern participation

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:22:55 AKDT 2016

Thoughts on King Steve's thoughts. :)

1. Eliminate rules of advancement.. I'd be fine with this, but we already
added rules to prevent this from causing issues. Effectively you can camp
out in a class if you wish.

2. Strongly disagree. Turn around makes the game much more fun and is
needed in lower classes to prepare for the upper classes. I've helped
numerous sport fliers fly the sportsman pattern and though it's initially a
challenge I've not found the turn arounds to be the gating factor. Quite
the opposite, it teaches pilots to stay online. Also, Sportsman already has
"out of box" breaks.

Regarding the 2-meter limitation in Sportsman, I've never seen a sportsman
pilot not fly because there was someone else with a 2-meter plane that
showed up. BTW, in sportsman I could fly a trainer and beat a newbie with a
2-meter plane, it's really not about the plane in sportsman. It's about
flying straight lines.

3. Advanced is a launch pad to Masters, having only 50% turn around is a
terrible idea IMO, it's already a big jump to Masters. By Advanced most
guys are pretty darn good pilots.

4. I personally would have no objections to Masters flying P. Do consider
however that this prevents us from controlling the difficulty of Masters.
We could end up having a pattern that is too difficult or too easy. I can
see the discussion list now with people screaming that Masters has been
ruined or it has "plane killers" (remember the Reverse Avalanche?). Then
everyone will be demanding their independence from FAI. ;)

5.  No opinion.

Keith Black

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Snaproll4--- via NSRCA-discussion <