[NSRCA-discussion] 2017 NATS

John Fuqua johnfuqua at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 4 07:34:32 AKDT 2016

It's interesting to see the various view points.   I clearly remember a time
when NSRCA got frustrated with the NATS venues as it seemed AMA would not
satisfy our needs primarily because the Nats site was an all venue site with
only a week or so to fit in everything.    Hence N-PAC was created to allow
NSRCA to organize and run an event without any issues with AMA management.
Both N-PACs were very successful and we proved that we could do a very large
event without AMA.    Those that helped at N-PAC will remember the effort
required to set up and host an event without AMAs involvement.

Then came Muncie and the issues that created N-PAC disappeared.     Maybe
moving the pattern nats around will bring in different people.    Its yet to
be seen if it brings in more people.    But it will never be the same as the
"traveling NATS" unless we get some dynajet guys to fly next to the flight
line or we get some control line combat guys to short out the power.

John