[NSRCA-discussion] Castle Edge HV Lite mounting

John Ford jsf106 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 03:02:42 AKDT 2016

If you saw my plane, I've used the same method in several planes.

I install two 3/32" carbon fiber tubes that extend from the front of the cowl to the battery tray or first bulkhead. They are spaced about 1-1/4 apart so that ESC just sits on them. I then simply use two small Velco straps to hold the ESC on the rails.
This way the ESC is open to airflow on all sides, and doesn't need any glue, and is light. I've never had the ESC slip up or down the rails, but you can put a drop of CA on the rails to create a "bump lock".

John