[NSRCA-discussion] Need some Futaba S.Bus troubleshooting help

lucky macy luckymacy at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 07:41:56 AKDT 2016

Figured this forum is as good as any.

I have a futaba 18sz.  Airplane set up as 2 ailerons and ailevator ( 2 elevator halves) and 1 rudder.

The servos were programmed for Ch ID 2 as elevator 1, # 4 rudder and # 7 as elevator 2.

When the servos are individually in the S.Bus programming mode via plugging the servo in to the back of the transmitter each individual servo works perfectly.

When I hook them all up to the receiver, the elevator halves work find but the rudder servo is not being commanded by the rudder stick.  Instead, it moves back and forth only when the elevators are moved up and down.  So it's somehow tied to the elevator halves.  I verified in the TX that there is a rudder function and it is to the right stick and it is on channel 4.  I also can not find any type of p-mix at or condition setting that would explain it.

And and just for grins when I am on the servo monitor page of the TX, when I operate the elevators it doesn't show that the rudder function is moving too which if it did would really be interesting but at least help to explain what's going on.

So I'm obviously overlooking something 'obvious' so if anyone has any ideas please chime in!

Thanks!