[NSRCA-discussion] FAA number affixation ?

Keith Hoard klhoard at outlook.com
Tue Mar 1 12:18:34 AKST 2016

Do you have a label maker?

-Keith Hoard

-klhoard at outlook.com

From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of George Kennie via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 14:52
To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] FAA number affixation ?

Sorry to change the subject guys, but I've been struggling with the quandary of how to affix my FAA number to my aircraft and was aware of a previous post where it was indicated that the # could be posted inside the aircraft as long as it could be accessed.

I originally figured that I'd mark it up on a piece of masking tape and stick it somewhere that could be made easily visible.

I had a slow day today and got to thinking about the problem again and a question entered my thought process,......which was.......what do we ALL have as part of our airborne equipment ?....hmmmm, BATTERIES !!!!!!!!!!

Why can't I sit down with all my packs and stick a piece of masking tape on each of my battery packs with the FAA # imprinted on each one.

Now I don't know about you , but my planes don't leave the ground without a battery pack so that there's not much chance of putting up an aircraft illegally. So my question is, can I legally do this or is there some FAA restriction that forbids such action. It sure would simplify my life.

What say ye, eh ?