[NSRCA-discussion] Lipo fire

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 13 11:07:57 AKDT 2016

Ceramic, like the flower pot idea or something similar, seems to be the way to go to contain the heat.

If anyone is interested,
My sister is a potter and owns an art studio, she can make virtually anything any size or shape out of clay and fire it in house in one of 4 kilns at a thousand something degrees. if anyone has a good design they like I am sure she would be glad to put something together, for a fee of course, (guaranteed to be less than the price of a van or 4 bedroom colonial in the suburbs) that would contain the heat and make Lipo storage safer.

She made me a 3x3 storage chest with a top and even decorated it. It's heavy and cumbersome but will contain any heat a lipo can put out. I don't move it, I just store my batteries in it. We talked about a smaller portable one with a handle but I never commissioned it because I charge   (when/if I fly) out in the open and don't need anything else to carry.

Like Mark said, Lipos everywhere in multiple states of charge and discharge. I hate that the only think keeping me from waking up to the smell of burning garage is dumb luck.