[NSRCA-discussion] D4 Scoring System

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 09:55:40 AKDT 2016

Vicente,

I cannot agree with you more strongly about the preregistration concept. We have been doing it in SPA for a number of years, now. Our registration data comes out as an Excel spreadsheet. As a CD, I do not need to worry about having the scoring program loaded with pilots' information. Our long-time scorer, Joel, downloads the information and loads it into the scoring program (copy & paste) -- probably the most helpful contest programming feature we could have. Pilots planning to attend a contest go to our SPA website, go to the contest calendar page, and click the "Register" button, then enter their information. It takes the pilot less than 5 minutes, and saves a ton of hassle at the contest.

We had one pilot for our last contest who discovered he couldn't attend, and it was much easier to delete his material than it would have been to enter it at the contest on Saturday morning if he had decided to come and had not preregistered.

Phil Spelt, KCRC Emeritus
AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member
Oliver Springs, TN (865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c