[NSRCA-discussion] Server Power Supply Conversion

Ronald Van Putte vanputter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:17:52 AKDT 2016

I have been converting HP DPS-1200fb server power supplies for use as a 12 volt DC power source for quite a while now.  They are fairly simple to convert and provide stable power 12/7.

Recently I purchased a lot of what I thought were HP DPS-1200fb server power supplies.  They weren’t the same, even though they were made by HP and the output power specifications are the same.  They are HP Part Number 438203-001(also known as Generic Part No. 490594-001).

After significant internet searching, I learned how to convert them for our use and have converted three of the seven I purchased.

If you would like information on converting or obtaining one or more of either of these power supplies, please contact me offline.

Ron Van Putte