[NSRCA-discussion] Cellpro 10XP experiences

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 06:14:12 AKDT 2016

I've been using them extensively for several years. Biggest failure mode is a large capacitor to just under the fan. I've repaired two of mine with the failure, and a couple of others for other people. It is an electrolytic from a noname Chinese supplier that has a habit of blowing out its guts from the lead end, not the pressure relief cuts in the top. Seems to be a lack of electrolyte, as the guts are dry. Replaced with name brand caps with no repeats of problems.
Also had the lead burn/melt in two on the same cap. In all cases, it happened after hundreds of charges, and no further damage was caused. The "bang" is disconcerting with the cap failure, but no harm was done to the batteries. I wrote an article on the repair when I was NSRCA president.

Fans also start squealing, but F3A unlimited has a maglev replacement for a few bucks that works great.

They are pretty idiot proof, and don't blow up if you hook up the balance leads backwards, like some iChargers. They let you know if there are hookup issues.

They balance extremely well, and I've never had a charging issue.

Jon