[NSRCA-discussion] More stuff from 1971

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 07:05:36 AKST 2016

Very cool!

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 08:00:57 -0800
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
CC: joddino at me.com
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] More stuff from 1971
From: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org

Begin forwarded message:From: Cal <calorrflyrc at hotmail.com>
Subject: S&O Transmitter 2.4
Date: January 28, 2016 8:01:11 PM PST
To: "joddino at me.com" <joddino at me.com>

Hello JimI have finished the work on the S&O transmitter and have flown with it.I started by taking everything out of the case and cleaned it up. I used your encoder board and did not cut it.   I removed 2 chokes on the circuit board, one fed + power to the RF section and the other fed the signal to the RF section. The RF section is dead and I did not butcher transmitter. I also moved wires around on the encoder board so the channel mapping is like that of JR. I also reversed the throttle channel because most ESC's like to see an expanding pulse width from low to high. I installed new batteries but did not use the red battery boxes which gave me room to install my stuff in the bottom of the transmitter, instead of the top. I did have to move the charge jack but there were holes already there. The transmitters meter is the same, resistor off of B+ and I installed my indicator LED behind the meter that can be seen from the front through the meter. I did add a button on the top right that is used for bind and range tests.Fun project, look forward to many more flightsThanks againCal