[NSRCA-discussion] Emerald Coast Beachcomber Contest, Eglin AFB, 30 Apr - 1 May

Robert Campbell rgc1701 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:00:01 AKST 2016

All,

The Eglin Aero Modellers will host the Emerald Coast Beachcomber Pattern
Classic on April 30th and May 1st 2016.  We changed the date from the
original posting on the AMA website and Model Aviation magazine to give a
little more separation with the Ocala contest and deconflict with a support
request for a local civic event.

The location is the Eglin Aeromodellers' flying field, Test Site C-3.  The
site entrance is about 3 miles north of College Blvd, Niceville, FL.  The
field will be open for practice on Friday, April 29th.  I am also offering
a pre-Sportsman class for first time competition flyers, so bring along
some of your club's sport flyers.  The entry fee is $35 (pre-Sportsman is
$10).  Saturday lunch is included with entry fee.  We will start flying
from the east side of the runway and change to the west side during the
lunch break.  Pilots' meeting is 0830 and flying starts at 0900.

Please check the club website for maps and general information.  We now
have a dedicated pattern page on the website.  Our webmaster should have
the pre-Sportsman sequence posted in the next day or so.
http://eglinaeromodellers.org/index.php

Mike Williams, our D-3 webmaster, opened registration for the contest (and
all other D-3 contests) at:
https://sites.google.com/site/nsrcad3/home/contest-registration

Hope to see you in April.

Rob Campbell