[NSRCA-discussion] F3A Unlimited Caelus V2

Ronald Van Putte vanputter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:51:04 AKST 2016

That’s not far off.  I decided to see how long it might take to unpack the airplane and was amazed by the packing job that was done on the Caelus.  There are two big boxes, a shipping box and an outside box.  The outside box is very thick and stiff.  Inside the box are soft foam plastic partitions that the wings, fuselage, horizontal tail, wing tube, et al are plugged into.  The three partitions are keyed to the inside of the outside box and a shelf for odds and ends, like wheel pants, tailwheel, etc. is keyed into two partitions.  There is wide plastic tape everywhere, tying things together.  It’s one of those unpacking jobs that require you to figure out the proper order.  No mousetrap yet, though.

Ron