[NSRCA-discussion] How many transmitters let you add your own features?

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:57:06 AKST 2016

Mixes, etc. are still done the traditional way (though you can see all of
the mix data in a JSON file, I wouldn't trust myself editing that
directly!) this scripting capability enables you to add whole new features
the brilliant guys at Jeti hadn't gotten around to yet.  Especially since
when you are coding just for your needs you don't need to handle all the
different ways other people might want to use it (you can make the code
available to others for them to modify as they see fit).  I made the
discharged flightpack warning system nice and all-purpose because it was
easy to do.  I just wrote another one to give me a gentle haptic "bump" on
the throttle stick when I hit my preferred cruise setting (since that's not
right at half stick) and that one I made much less generic because I
couldn't figure out quickly how to correlate a proportional control the
user selects to the gimbal on which that control lives, so I stuck with
causing the bump on the left stick.

Next step is something more complex, defining a new control that can be
mixed into an existing control to enable an asymmetric servo delay, to slow
the movement of a surface only when that surface was deflected fully and is
returning to center.  I haven't fully thought that one through yet.

Peter+

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Keith Black via NSRCA-discussion <