[NSRCA-discussion] New APC CF Props

Dave Lockhart davel322 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 14:11:06 AKDT 2016

Carbon fiber is carbon fiber for the most part.  The distinction here is really between a CF prop that is formed from continuous strand and/or woven CF material in a mold vs an injection molded prop using chopped / milled CF (typically only a percentage of the material injected).  Injection molded is not as strong because of the shorter fibers and somewhat random orientation of the fibers……so more material (and weight) is needed to achieve the same strength.

Regards,

Dave