[NSRCA-discussion] LiPo Fun Fact 'O The Day

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 11 15:18:12 AKDT 2015

Good summary Karl. A lot of noise to wade through for that.

Most dischargers are very slow. I wire a male battery connector to female duplex adapter so I can plug my packs into a power strip. Then I plug a couple of old soldering irons and incandescent lamps into the power strip for resistance. With a watt meter inline you can monitor the load and voltage to terminate discharge.

3.7 volts is pretty typical storage voltage but some will say anything below 4.0 volts is sufficient. Many do store in the fridge to slow the natural chemical decay of the cells but do allow them to reach room temperature before charging.

As with most advice in pattern someone will contradict me shortly. Try what sounds logical to you and decide for your self.

Good luck,
Anthony

Sent from my iPad