[NSRCA-discussion] LiPo Fun Fact 'O The Day

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Fri Oct 9 16:03:17 AKDT 2015

I would say "C" below: I have never had a lipo pack get warm during charging. That's because i always charge somewhere between 1.8-2.0 C. For my electric planes I buy enough batteries so I do not have to hurry-charge in order to get back into the air. I charge the lipos in my starter & glow igniter at home in the shop when I have plenty of time. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I do not use $150.00 battery packs, and none of my electric planes are for pattern.

Phil Spelt, KCRC Emeritus, Secretary
AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member
(865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c