[NSRCA-discussion] 10s LiPo Charger Recommendation

Stuart Chale schale1 at outlook.com
Thu Oct 8 03:53:55 AKDT 2015

I just put together a new charging station based on  the iCharger Duo
4010.  I have been very pleased with it so far.  Using 2 computer server
power supplies for 24 volts I can charge 8 pattern packs at a time.  It
will run on 12 volts if that is what you have and they have a smaller
less expensive model as well.
The only 2 negatives I would give it is that it does not tell you
percent of charge remaining (just a calculation based on voltage) and a
more major issue if you try to connect 2 5S packs in series with a Y
connector to charge as 10S instead of using a parallel board you will
get a short when hooked up wrong.  (Read that as major sparks and melted
connector)
My Hyperion charger does something internally and tells you there is an
error.

I have just accepted using the Paraboards

Stuart