[NSRCA-discussion] Arming plug and Failsafe +

David Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 18 15:35:52 AKDT 2015

>>I've been at a *lot* of contests where people from the anti-arming plug camp have lost their canopies in flight.  Hmm.  Maybe the task loading of preparing the fly a round, telling your caller where you want the plane positioned on the runway, AND removing your canopy to plug your batteries in and then replacing the canopy is too much?<<

You forgot to mention that people from the arming plug camp are so concerned with bolting the canopy on and making sure the arming plug is not connected….that they forget to secure the battery.

Then after hopefully landing safely….the arming plug is redundant.

As you can tell…..I stocked up on popcorn….kaff….kaff…

David Harmon

Sperry, OK