[NSRCA-discussion] Arming plug and Failsafe +

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon May 18 14:30:06 AKDT 2015

Arcing damage is gonna happen to connectors regardless of arming plug or
not.  With an arming plug you can prevent arcing damage by using a small
push switch that enables current to flow through a 1W resistor to slowly
charge the ESC caps before plugging in the deans jumper.  Without an arming
plug, unless your ESC has a spark suppression circuit, you are going to
degrade the male deans connector on your ESC, which is much harder to
change than the Deans shorting plug.

Peter+

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Ed Alt via NSRCA-discussion <