[NSRCA-discussion] Arming device

Rudy whyRudy at comcast.net
Sun May 17 16:10:15 AKDT 2015

I’m an retiree that had an electrical license. I wasn’t an electrician by
trade but supervised. In Oregon the National code was a disconnect device in
line of sight of the energy source – a switch and that switch could have a
lock installed to isolate the energy to the motor in this case.  It’s Not:
Lockout/Tagout - Control of Hazardous Energy is the safety code for energy
sources.

Note: How can you protect workers? The lockout/tagout standard establishes
the employer’s responsibility to protect employees from hazardous energy
sources on machines and equipment during service and maintenance. The
standard gives each employer the flexibility to develop an energy control
program suited to the needs of the particular workplace and the types of
machines and equipment being maintained or serviced. This is generally done
by affixing the appropriate lockout or tagout devices to energy-isolating
devices and by deenergizing machines and equipment.

https://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/factsheet-lockout-tagout.pdf

It’s your call

¿Por Qué No?