[NSRCA-discussion] Questions for the experts on Intermediate stall turn quarter roll up and down.

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Mar 30 08:18:35 AKDT 2015

Agree that there should be one description of an actual stall turn, but I think the point of contention here, and the focus, should be on the word “Pitch”.   If there is a wind correction that requires a pitch change (i.e. a wind that requires the plane to pitch into wind rather than yaw) then the plane must pass through vertical (with regard to pitch) at the top of the stall in order to properly wind correct following the stall.     Yaw corrections do not have this same physical criteria, as the yaw will simply require a less than 180 rotation to maintain the wind correction.

It’s hard to describe, but easy to see if demonstrated with a stick plane.

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5900 Landerbrook Drive Suite 205, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
Direct: 440.229.2502 |  Fax: 440.684.3102
www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>