[NSRCA-discussion] Harry Gould Memorial Pattern Contest - Hemet Calif.

Wallace, Bill WallaceBill at bfusa.com
Wed Mar 4 20:20:33 AKST 2015

This is a notification to all pilots planning on attending my contest on the 14th and 15th of March in Hemet.  Due to a couple unfortunate incidents between RC aircraft and full scale aircraft over the flying field, the Hemet Club is requesting we utilize a spotter system to monitor full size traffic through our airspace.  Once a plane has been spotted that has a chance of coming close to our airspace, I will be requesting any planes in the sky to immediately drop down to low level until the full size leaves our airspace.  If at that time, the pilot feels that he does not have enough battery power left to complete his flight, he will be allowed to land and install a new battery to resume his flight.  This would mean that it would be prudent to bring a couple extra sets of batteries, just in case.  We shouldn't have a lot of this happening during the contest, but I felt I needed to inform everyone of the possibility.  This also means that I may be calling on some, if not all, of you to help out with spotting along with whatever judging duties you may have.  Long range forecasts look good for our weekend, but as evidenced last weekend in Phoenix, that doesn't mean much sometimes.  Looking forward to seeing everyone, and be sure to pre-register so we get a head start for the contest.
BTW, if anyone has the Dist 7 e-mail address, could you please forward it to that group also.  Thanks.

"Sir William" Wallace