[NSRCA-discussion] Battery Resistance

atwooddon at aol.com atwooddon at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 06:36:22 AKDT 2015

Ron, what is the pack temperature when you are measuring the resistance?  Temperature has a big impact on the measurement.

Also, how are you measuring the resistance?

If those are the resistance values (6 per cell) at 70F measured with an iCharger, FMA charger or Giles dedicated meter, then the pack is starting to get 'tired'.  However, if they get you thru your sequence and isn't too hot at the end, go ahead and use them until they don't perform adequately.

Another thing that can kinda sneak up on you is lipo packs gradually loose capacity over time.  If you fly the same sequence each time and the voltage at the end gets lower and lower, the packs are probably loosing total capacity.

Don